TRACK RULES & POLICIES
RUN GROUPS Levels:
Green Group - Beginner (Level 1)
No track experience, first time entry. Slow pace limited passing on designated straights only. Mandatory classroom time and instructor evaluation. First two track sessions under lead follow conditions, if in use.
Yellow Group - Novice (Level 2)
Some track or HPDE experience. Accelerated pace limited passing on designated straights only.
Blue Group - Advance (Level 3)
Track and HPDE experience. Fast pace limited passing on designated straights only.
Red Group - Expert (Level 4)
Extensive track and or race experience. Fastest pace Must be experienced in passing at a fast pace. Un-limited passing anywhere on the track. Track prepped cars recommended with roll cage and five point harness.
• Only approved event instructors may accompany drivers.
• There will be no passenger allowed in the car during track activities. With exception to approved instructors.
• Beginner group: Passing in designated areas only with point by indication from drivers.
• Novice group: Passing in designated areas only with point by indication from drivers.
• Intermediate group: Passing in designated areas
• Advanced group: Passing any place on track.
POINT BY PASSING:
Point by passing procedure as follows. Cars are only able to pass when the leading car incites with a hand out the window of the car as to when and where to pass. Passing will be as stated in the passing section above. No point by passing in turns. Passing only in designated passing areas and only when safe. Passing is no allowable without a point by from the leading driver. If drivers are unable to pass on track they may pull into the hot pit lane and have the safety workers help them find a “gap” in lap traffic.
WHEELS OFF TRACK:
• One wheel off track driver may proceed.
• Two wheels off track driver must come into hot pit lane for car/wheel check. They may proceed on track when given the okay by safety worker.
• Four wheels off the track, driver must return to hot pit lane for car and wheel safety check and discuss the incident with safety crew and or instructors. Driver may proceed on track when given the okay by appropriate staff.
THREE STRIKES RULE:
• If the driver spins or has an off track incident. Said driver will be called into the pits to discuss said incident and receive a warning. Once safety crew has discussed with the driver they may proceed onto the track when indicated.
• If the driver spins a second time or has had two off track incident. Said driver will be called into the pits discuss said incident and receive a second warning. Once safety crew has discussed with the driver they may proceed onto the track when indicated.
• If the driver spins a third time or has had three off track incident. Said driver will be called into the pits discuss said incident and will be asked to retire for the day. The driver will no longer be able to drive on track events for the remaining time left for the day.
Debris on track:
• If a driver causes debris on the track, it will be shut down for clean up. Depending on severity of clean up this could result in lost track/session time. If a driver causes oil or fluid spill on track and oil dry is required, the driver will be charged for the clean up cost.
LEAD FOLLOW (If in use):
• Procedure as follows: Lead instructor car will lead a group of no more than 5 cars out on the track. The first of the following cars will follow the instructor for an entire lap. Once the lap is completed the car will pull out in the designated passing zone and allow the rest of the following cars to over take them. Then they can pull back into the end of the line of following cars. This procedure will continue until all the cars have cycled through the line to follow the instructor car. Lead follow procedure will be followed in the beginner group and intermediate group for the first sessions and or until deemed necessary.